Have you been invited to speak at WordCamp Europe, and are you lacking funds to get there? We might be able to help!
DonateWC aims to provide underrepresented and minority groups within the WordPress community with the means to attend a WordCamp. We do this by collecting donations and paying for the expenses one has outside the WordCamp ticket.
Who can apply?
Anyone and everyone is welcome to apply for a sponsorship, regardless of ethnicity, sexuality, financial status, age, or WordPress contributor experience.
Please be aware that we are only accepting applications from Europe based speakers at this time. This is due to current fund limitations.
There are a couple of considerations that you need to take into account before submitting your application.
- You can only apply for a sponsorship if you do not work for a company that works within the WordPress atmosphere or has a history of sending employees to WordCamps.
- Please keep in mind that the DonateWC sponsorships are meant for underrepresented and minority groups within the WordPress community. Before sending in your application, please think very carefully on whether or not this applies to you. Describing why you fall into one of these categories will help us determine your application status.
- Not every application will result in a sponsorship. When we reject your application, we’ll do our best to let you know why. It may take a while though, depending on how many applications we receive.
- You will not receive the sponsorship in cash value – transportation tickets and accommodation are booked for you. Certain costs can be expensed.
- Please use your best intentions and common sense when applying for a sponsorship.
- You can’t submit more than one application at a time. You may, however, apply for a new one when your previous one has been rejected.
- Before being able to receive the sponsorship, you must confirm that you have a passport that is valid for 6 months after the WordCamp you’re attending. If your passport is in need of renewal or you do not yet have one, please be aware that the sponsorship does not cover the potential cost of replacing/requesting one.
The above rules are subject to change and may be changed after you have applied.
Looking for a general information for sponsorship recipients? Take a look at the Recipient FAQ document!